Thursday, June 9, 2011

Training: Cross Training

I've spent the last week off of the feet due to a traveling series of injuries. I am nearly done with it, but the week of coincided well with the need to taper for this weekends Hauling Illegal 50miler in North Chagrin. I've just been doing heavy core work and hitting the bike....man o man do I miss my bike. Thoughts and memories of literally decades of countless hours on the bike, all the experiences, all the hills, cold, heat, wind, rain, sleet, sprints, dogs, pace lines, burning legs, and land speed record attempts. Wow, just writing all that now reminds me of the pure joy of riding. I was carving down a short,steep, and well curved hill today about 40mph and I bet my smile was a mile wide. climbing back up around Holden Arboretum while the sun was nearly setting.....

well, with that being said. I think i am going to dedicate myself back to more cross training. I could feel that my once nearly unstoppable sprints and rolling hills abilities are long gone.....4 years of running has changed my perspective. I miss the pain of cycling, I never got injured (except for crashes), but man did i love the feeling of exhaustion in my legs as i walked the stairs in the morning to the office reminding me the effort of the previous days workout. Running is similar, but different. Gotta get back, gotta get back!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment